For people looking for fast, reliable Fort Collins internet, FRII is an excellent choice. But just as critical as the quality of our internet, colocation, disaster recovery and other services are, their technical support is just as important. When a problem arises, you want your provider to respond promptly and resolve the issue quickly, keeping you updated and answering any questions you have along the way.
Key Attributes of Outstanding Support
So, how do you know if you are receiving excellent support from your Fort Collins internet provider, or a provider of any service? Here are eight things to look for:
- Commitment to going above and beyond. Some providers deliver the bare minimum in terms of response time and issue resolution. Technically, they’ve done their job. But you want a provider that goes out of their way to ensure your needs are met. They do this by providing tips on how to avoid a similar issue in the future and following up after an incident to be sure all is well.
- Detailed product knowledge. A company’s tech support reps should know its products and services inside and out. Yes, it takes time for an employee to become well-versed in their offerings. But, a company that values its customer will invest that time in their staff.
- Understanding of customer wants/needs. Knowing the product line is not enough. A tech support rep should understand why and how people are using the products and services in order to most efficiently and effectively troubleshoot issues.
- Courtesy. The interaction between someone in urgent need of assistance and the person trying to provide it to them can become tense at times. Regardless, a tech support rep should be polite even when the pressure is on.
- Frequent and clear communication. One of the most frustrating aspects of a technical problem is not knowing how or when it will be resolved. Organizations that provide outstanding support keep their customers updated on how the fix is progressing until it is fully resolved.
- Delivering on promises. If a tech support rep says she will get back to you by noon, she absolutely should. It’s hard to rely on a company when its staff members don’t keep their promises.
- Active listening. Nothing is more irritating than working with a technical support rep who doesn’t hear what you’re saying. You know you’ve found a good one when they listen patiently and ask follow-up questions to ensure they understand you.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, not sales. Some companies like to turn a tech support issue into a sales opportunity. A support rep should be focused on your satisfaction and nothing else.
Don’t Settle for Less than Stellar Support
As a leading Fort Collins internet provider, we ensure that our technical support is second to none. You should expect nothing less. To learn more about our offerings, use the Contact Us form on our website, stop by our facility or call us at 800-935-6527.